A little over 2 weeks ago I cut apart a pair of supersized jeans I bought at Kmart for 99cents to repurpose them into a skirt for my 5y/o. I finally started sewing the pieces together on Friday and was hoping to finish it up on Sunday afternoon between services. (What's taking so long you ask, well I'm copying a skirt that she has and it's a peasant skirt so a lot of gathering.) I was hoping to add the last and bottom layer Sunday afternoon and add the elastic to the waist then, "Wallah!" It would be finished. . . .
but. . . .
instead I spent my Sunday afternoon using a shop vac in my bedroom sucking up the water in the carpet that leaked into the house after I had left the water on in my hydrangeas all through the morning service. So no project was completed. =( The carpet is still wet. Our bed sits right on top of it so today we will be moving it hopefully.
Once it's all dry I can pick up with sewing again because my bedroom floor is my craft table. It's where I cut my fabric, piece it, pin it, etc. I so wanted to get done with this skirt because I joined a sew along at Sew, Mama, Sew and I wanted to start making my own summer skirt. It would be my first piece of clothing made for myself. I am anxious to get started on it. Well, see you all again when my floor is dry.