Saturday, May 30, 2009

Getting things done...

I finished one of the nursing covers for our church nursery today. I had to spend some time with my seam ripper though. =/ I messed up on the order on which I hem the sides in turn placing the top straps in the wrong place. I had to rip out and do over but it went pretty fast after that. I placed it in the van tonight because I just know that if I waited 'til tomorrow I would forget it. (It's not fun trying to get 4 children ready and out the door and on time to church by yourself.) So trying to remember extra details is out of the question.

There is one more to finish for the nursery then the one for a wife of one of our Missionaries, also a friend of mine. I'm looking forward to making her's because I think the fabric is gorgeous and I hope she loves it as well. Finally, the new one for myself to be made from a beautiful batik I found. That comes to a total of three nursing covers.

I found some beautiful solid curtains on a great sale at the store the other day and I'm going to use some of them to make myself some new potholders as well as a host of other ideas I have for them. I've not gotten new potholders since I got married and the ones I have need to be retired. I'm going to make them and use this No-snit binding tutorial from You Go Girl.

Got some quilting done tonight. Finished 8 squares for my Charmed and Dangerous Quilt, 12 more to go! I've mixed up the squares a little so it won't turn out exactly like the Charmed and Dangerous Funny Babies quilt top that I have. I need to get it done and off of my makeshift design wall (a vinyl tablecloth with the fuzzy back, tacked up in my room) so I can move on to other quilting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading any feedback you have to give! I also like responding to all my commenters so please make sure your "no reply" is turned off. Have a blessed day!!