Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Embroidery and Gifts

I started working on a journal cover Thursday night using this tutorial from Bloom. I found it using Google and I'm glad I did. She has some great follow up posts for the tutorial with some cute ideas. I had to tweak it a little to fit the notebook I bought but it's working so far. =) I would love to share pics but I can't yet because it is a gift and even though I believe the intendee doesn't read this blog I don't want to take a chance.

I'm keeping roughly to the same design that Bloom uses but I'm spicing it up with some embroidery. I've put the intendee's first name on the front and I'll be putting a Scripture verse my husband thought would be good for this person on the inside back cover.

It took me quite a while to get the verse laid out just like I wanted it but I like it. And while you're scratching your head wondering if I've lost it our something I just want to say, "Yes, I know it's backwards." lol I don't have the proper tracing tools for embroidery so I used a light pen and traced it on the backside of the project. After finishing the embroidery I just need to add a pocket on the inside front for a pen then finish the last steps in sewing it up.

I can't wait until it's finished! After I'm done I'll be making one for myself (sans embroidery, maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading any feedback you have to give! I also like responding to all my commenters so please make sure your "no reply" is turned off. Have a blessed day!!