To keep myself on track for sewing this season I joined a pattern challenge at Come and See the Seitz. Here are the goals I've laid at for myself:
- finish the jumper planned for Glory.
- make matching skirts for the girls.
- make a Sunday dress for each of the girls.
- repurpose 2 shirts for Caleb.
- make a tie for each special Sunday for Caleb. (Easter, birthday, etc.)
- finish the planned shirt and skirt for myself.
- And to do this all before Summer.
One of the things that I wanted for this list was this Double Layer Twirly Skirt but I finished it before I was able to post about the pattern Challenge. I made this skirt sans pattern and I'm happy with how it turned out for the most part. I made the waistband too wide so I'll be fixing that later. I like how my gathers turned out. (I don't like gathering!)
I don't claim to be the genius who designed this skirt. I saw the Modkid Julia pattern pics by Patty Young and thought it was so cute but too impatient to wait to order a copy so I thought I'd try it out on my own. It's not exactly like the Julia skirt (remember, no pattern) but what do you think of it anyway?