Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Candle Mat Swap

Candle Mat Swap


I joined my first swap and I'm excited about it! The Quilting Gallery is hosting this swap and we are all making a candle mat from the same pattern just using different fabrics according to our partner's wishes.

My partner wasn't very specific just that she wanted to be able to keep it out all the time so I decided on a Fandango Charm Pack.


My fabric for the candle mat swap

I found this lovely on sale at Hip Fabric. I loved how they sell Fat Quarters as well! You can choose to buy just a Fat Quarter from the fabrics that they carry! This worked out PERFECTLY for me since I needed a Fat Quarter for the Candle Mat.

I was finally able to start on mine today. After a lot of changing around charms to decide on their placement I started cutting and sewing. Here's my progress so far:

What I've got so far sneak peek

(Oh, you're wondering what that corner of a box possibly could be in the photo? Well, you'll just have to wait 'til tomorrow to find out!)

As you can see my top is almost done. After I got all those little pieces sewn together did the idea hit me, "Wouldn't those look so cute as wonky strips!" I really want to make this over again so I can make them wonky. Oh well, I may have enough to make another. =)

There are some really cute Candle Mats popping up on the Candle Mat Swaps Flickr Group. Stop by and take a look!

1 comment:

  1. I just love that fandango fabric to. I still have mine tucked away. Your block looks great asll those prints blend well with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading any feedback you have to give! I also like responding to all my commenters so please make sure your "no reply" is turned off. Have a blessed day!!