Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rolled Rose

When I first came into the world of sewing I started reading everything I could find on the web and I came across Sandi Henderson's Blog Portabellopixie.
She has a Rolled Roses tutorial on her blog for download and I've had it saved on my computer for months. I finally got it out and made one. I used some pink batik from my stash and a bead that was rolling around on the floor (my eldest wanted marbles and cut apart one of her play necklaces).
It did take me 2 tries to get it together but once I figured it out and got it going it was easy. I used a safety pin and wore it with my outfit for the Sunday PM service. This little flower is so cute I'm definitely gonna make myself some more for pins, hair clips for my girls, and bag and clothing embellishments. Have some free time or got nothing in your hands while watching tv? Then I suggest making a few of these!

3 comments:

  1. How pretty! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I'm going to have to try that sometime. Off to bookmark the tute...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading any feedback you have to give! I also like responding to all my commenters so please make sure your "no reply" is turned off. Have a blessed day!!