Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Adding To My List....

of things I need to make!



I bought this pattern the other day hoping to use it with this fabric until I read the fine print and discovered it was a BIAS tunic/top pattern. I was a little disappointed b/c I don't think this fabric will look good cut on the bias. Oh well, I liked the pattern still so I decided to hang on to it and find some fabric to make a top with.

Well, this morning a friend of mine came over to visit my daughter (she's her Sunday School teacher) and I invited her down to ask her opinion on something completely unrelated to sewing (she's awesome at interior design). Then we got talking about sewing since my machine is out and there are boxes of fabric around. She pulled out one piece to ask me about it and as I explained I remembered this beautiful off white satiny piece I had in the same box (another friend went through her stash to destash it and gave me 2 boxes full of fabric and this piece was in it).

When I first had seen this piece I thought it would make a beautiful top and now I had the perfect pattern to go with it! There is slightly over 3 yards of material so I have plenty to make the tunic version. I've never worked with this kind of fabric before so it will be a challenge. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on making a muslin one first to make sure I get the measurements and all the directions right.

1 comment:

  1. It is going to be so pretty...can't wait to see how it comes out!! Amy at During Quiet Time blogspot (she is on my blog list) just did a doll dress with satin..she and one of her commenters had some tidbits that might help!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading any feedback you have to give! I also like responding to all my commenters so please make sure your "no reply" is turned off. Have a blessed day!!